An icon should be made at the smallest size first and then scaled proportionately to other sizes.
- Amey SK
Based in Mumbai, Ameya SK is a independent graphic designer. A product and user experience designer who dabbles in illustrations as a means of self expression. More importantly an artist who specialises in icons. A lover of line art, iconography, steam-punk, mythology and other fantasy driven themes, his expression for art is militaristic and futuristic.
This episode is brought to you in collaboration with Kultureshop.
1. Can you share a Brief history of icons in India? How have they evolved and current state?
2. What are the characteristics of and icon family?
3. How have meanings of icons changed as we have evolved as humans, societies at large?
4. What does it take to make an icon unique in style but still communicate effectively and friendly?
5. What are your source of inspiration to make icons?
Understanding relationship between ad filmmakers and creative agencies