It is very important to review your thought process behind the mural. Where and why are you making it?
- Harshavardhan Kadam
Today I have Harshvardhan Kadam with us on Audiogyan. An artist who painted India’s largest mural at Pune’s Yerwada Jail. Harshavardhan has served as an Art Director for animation and live action films for various production houses across India. Now he paints walls and animates them vibrantly. With Mythologies seeded in his vision and sequential story telling, he conceives, perceives and executes his experiences through visuals.
1. What are murals and how did they begin and then evolve?
2. What is the role of a mural art form in society? Which parts of India can we see more murals and whats the character of the city then?
3. How important are architectural elements while making murals?
4. Do murals need a social message?
5. What is the future of murals? What does one need to do to make murals?