1. What is the Kumbh Mela?
2. What made you document the Kumbh Mela? How many have you documented this far?
3. How did you go about doing this? Processes you followed and also perhaps a few points on how collaboration was integral in conceiving this documentation.
4. Your practice is a design practice with a focus on communication design – then where does content and documentation feature in the realm of design?
5. What were the deliverables and describe them a little bit. Why did you name the Kumbh Allahabad volumes ‘Being in it and Being of it’ along with the 8 names that each of the volumes hold – and also why 8 volumes specifically?
6. What was your role in the making of the documentaries?
Deshna Mehta is a visual artist with a passion for photography, writing and curation. Also Co-founder of Studio Anugraha, a design and publishing platform that encourages collaborative practices deriving from and contributing to elusive aspects of cultures, philosophies and ideas in general. It is based in Mumbai.