I found I could say things with colour and shapes that I couldn't say any other way... things I had no words for – Georgia O'Keeffe
- Aziza Iqbal
Aziza Iqbal is an Indian visual artist, surface design and pattern specialist currently based in Doha, Qatar
The quintessential maths nerd and pattern junkie. She thrives on details, grids and symmetry, and believes in communicating with shapes and colours rather than words and pictures.
This episode is brought to you in collaboration with Kultureshop.
1. What is role of geometry in design and art?
2. How do patterns influence design? Can a design be simply patterns or then we will call it art?
3. I believe Patterns intrigue you. What do you see when you see a pattern? Are you looking for patterns?
4. What happens when the pattern itself is anarchic?
5. Is pattern and routine same at a philosophical level? How come we are so inclined towards breaking the pattern / monotony?