1. You work with Multiple script at Ek type. can you tell us more about multi-script type design in India and why is it important.
2. How many scripts do we have in India?
3. How do you approach multi-script type design projects? Our scripts are complex. What are the current challenges that you face? Why is that?
4. You spoke about unicode and opentype. How did the changing technology affect the design of Indian fonts
5. Tell more about ek type and what you guys do? Tell us about letterbox? tell us about Aksharaya?
A graduate of J J Institute of Applied Art, Noopur is a type designer and calligrapher from Mumbai. She is the co-founder of Ek Type – a collaborative type design studio that focuses on designing contemporary Indian typefaces. Her work has won a D&AD, Black and Blue Elephants at Kyoorius Design Awards and has been featured in 365 typo and in Typografica’s favourite typefaces of 2015 and 2016. Noopur is an active member of ‘Aksharaya’– A non-profit that channelises its collective efforts to document, promote, explore and create awareness about Indian scripts.