1. Can you briefly tell us about St+art project? Since when is this active and what do you do exactly in this project?
2. What is the importance of murals in society? How and what changes happen once a city scape has some murals / paint over it; as per your understanding?
3. Does Art need to be site specific? Can you tell us how do you pick your canvas?
4. Since these artworks are always out in there, as a Festival Director, how have you manage a balance between creativity (freedom of art) and limitations of being a public artwork?
5. If we can safely say, St+Art India is an act of improving urban aesthetic, we are still a long way to go. How long will it take in India? What’s your idea of a aesthetically beautiful surrounding?
She is a co-founder and curator of a non-profit organisation, St+art India Foundation which has been making waves in the Indian street art movement. It aims to make our streets more interactive through the medium of urban art festivals across India. They have been instrumental in improving the aesthetics of cities like Delhi, Hyderabad, Bangalore and Mumbai. And today we are here to discover what goes into making it happen.