1. Can you tell us a bit about WhitePrint? Can you paint us the picture of type of content when you say, Lifestyle Magazine in Braille?
2. How do blind perceive aesthetics and design?
3. How do you make layouts, how do you place ads etc…?
4. I guess we have highest number of Visually impaired people in India, almost 15 Million. How has the response been from those who consume Whiteprint? How has the evolution been in the last 5 years? How did you work on the price point?
5. With advancing technology, what made you go print? What is the long term future of print braille?
Upasana Makati is the founder of White Print, India’s First English Lifestyle Magazine in Braille for the visually impaired. Upasana was awarded the First Lady Award by the President of India and the Woman and Child Ministry, 40 Under 40 list of Fortune India, 30 under 30 list by Forbes India in 2016. Through the lifestyle magazine she intends to make available well-researched and informative articles along with leisure reads to everyone who can’t see.