1. What is the difference between lettering and calligraphy? If there is any? For a layman, I believe lettering artist is generally referred to as who does typesetting for signages.
2. Your work focusses on Multilingual brand design. How has lettering helped you in improving that skill?
3. What is the most challenging part of multilingual branding – is it the client’s education or availability of well designed regional fonts or lack of awareness in designers?
4. What impact (conscious or subconscious) does a well designed English brand in Marathi or Hindi create of laypeople? How do you measure that impact? For eg: What changed tangibly when you did redesign Paradise Biryani Logo?
5. What do you mean when you say, brands must adapt to a multilingual approach?
Reference Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds4FVRyRX4c
Sulekha is an independent graphic designer, type designer, and lettering artist. She has over 10-12 years of experience in designing for brands from Aviation, Personal Care, F&B, Healthcare, Banking & Financial Services to the Hospitality industry. She has a very insightful and worth listening talk recorded in 2015 at Typoday on youtube.