1. Can a good painter/artist be a good illustrator?
2. What is common and what is different between illustration and painting?
3. With mixed media, tools, and advance filters, what makes illustration great?
4. You have played a lot with acrylic and opaque mediums. How different is an illustration and is it achievable in digital illustrations?
5. What does a curved stroke mean to you? One of my favorite works is Dhaatu Series. Can you share the experience of learning while making it?
Today I have Pratap Chalke with us on Audiogyan. He is a Mumbai-based painter and an illustrator and well-known artist of the current time. His work is available on Floatingcanvas, Artandfound, and Kultureshop. With a degree in Applied Art from the B. S. Bandekar College of Fine Art, Sawantwadi, he considers drawing as his core skill around which he brings his illustrations to life. He loves to try out different styles and techniques and explore the possibilities therein. Today we are here to understand the value of drawing if you wish to become an illustrator. This Audiogyan will be entirely in Marathi.